Skip to content
- How can I get a library card? – Library cards are available to anyone who lives in Boonton with valid identification showing his or her name and address; this may be a driver’s license, bank statement, utility bill, lease, rent or tax receipt which must be presented at the time of registration. Library cards are good for 3 years. You can use your library card to borrow from most Morris County public libraries.
- How long can I borrow books and movies for? – Books with the “NEW” sticker can be borrowed for 14 days; books without can be held for 28 days. Audiobooks and music cds are also 28 days. Movies are borrowed for 7 days, with a 3-DVD limit.
- What are the fines? – Fines on all books, audiobooks and music cds are $0.10/day. Fines for movies and video games are $1.00 per day PER ITEM.
- What is something is reeeeeeeally late? – You’ll get an overdue notice. An overdue notice is sent when an item is 14 days overdue. If the item is not returned after 6 weeks from the due date, a bill for the replacement cost is mailed to the borrower.
- What if I can’t find what I want? – You should ask one of the librarians to help you, that’s what we’re here for! Otherwise, go to the MAIN Library Catalog”, log in with your library card number and PIN, and type in the book/movie/game you’re looking for.
- How can I renew something I borrowed? – Provided no one else is waiting for the item, you can go online to the MAIN Library Catalog, log in with your PIN and card number, and click on My Account. You can pick the items you want to renew there. You can also call 973-334-2980 to have a librarian renew your items over the phone, or send an email to email@example.com.
- What happens if I lose a book? – It’s not the end of the world. If you lose a book (or movie, or video game), you should still come in to the library and ask to speak with a librarian. We promise not to be TOO scary.