- World Book Web: A suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related Web sites.
- Facts on File: – Grades 4-12 biography, science, history & more.
- JerseyClicks:One-stop search across multiple magazine databases and online chat reference; includes access to Heritage Quest, RefUSA and Job and Career Accelerator.
- NoveList Plus:Literary criticism and what to read next.
- CIA World Factbook:Comprehensive database for nations of the world; updated weekly.
- Proquest:Full-text journals.
- Custom Newspapers:from Infotrac: full text of the New York Times (most recent 365 days), Newark Star Ledger (from Feb. 2001), The Bergen Record (from 2001), Los Angeles Times (from 1996), and the Times of London (from 1997).
- EBSCO:Indexes articles from 3,000 magazines & newspapers, 1,700 of which are full text.
The Boonton Holmes Library’s Local History room was started because of one librarian’s interest in local history. Jean Lee started by collecting pictures, newspaper clippings, and other items of interest and sorting them in the library basement. Now, the Jean Lee Local History Room, carries on her tradition.
Browse the digitized Boonton Times at the Library!
Digitized newspapers in .pdf format are available for browsing. Research must be done in the library. Ask for the newspaper drive at the Circulation Desk. Browse using your own laptop PC or other device with usb port, or use our Local History computer.
The following years are available:
1890s: (all years)
1900s: (all years)
1910s: (all years)
1930s: (all years)
1940s: (all except 1943)
1950s: (all except 1958)
1960s: (all years)
1970s: (all years)
A digitized copy of Old Boonton and the Jersey City Reservoir is also available.
Submit a question to email@example.com to find out what we can do for you.