Summer reading is a beloved staple of library services for children. It’s a great tool for fostering a love of reading and helps prevent the summer learning slide!
June 29-August 19, 2022
The Oceans of Possibilities summer reading is free and open to Boonton residents between the ages of 4 and 18. Participants must register for the program in order to access reading logs and be eligible for weekly reading prize raffles. Registration begins Wednesday, June 1. Participants can register any time during the program.
Register to participate here. You’ll need your library card number to sign up.
The library’s main level is open for browsing and borrowing during slightly reduced summer hours. The downstairs Makerspace and History Lounge are open for crafting, reading, studying, etc. — please check availability with the circulation desk before using either meeting room. The library garden is open to the public for reading and outdoor enjoyment.
All summer reading events will be held in person, either in the downstairs Makerspace or in the library garden, weather permitting. Due to space limitations pre-registration is required for all events — no exceptions.
Oceans of Possibilities Details
- Registration — Pick up your registration form at the library circulation desk, fill it out, and hand to the staff or children’s librarian.
- Reading Logs – will be available at the circulation desk for pickup. Instructions are included.
- Activities — there will be lots of craft and other special events throughout the summer. Please be aware of space and age limitations before you sign up. All events are hyperlinked on the Summer Reading Program calendar.
- Crafts — will be in-person sessions and also available prepacked into take home kits every week.
- Prizes — as always, we have lots of incentives to keep on reading. Just make sure to keep your reading log updated. The full prize policy may be found here.
We have compiled a page with reading resources and links to curated reading lists and more. Click here to access the page.
Summer Reading Calendar
- View our entire SRP Calendar here:
- All programs are hyperlinked to their sign-ups! Just click on the program you want to register for!
- All signups open 2 weeks before the date they take place on.
- If for any reason you register for an event and cannot make it, please remove your signup from the Signup Genius, or call the library to let us know!