Summer reading is a beloved staple of library services for children. It’s one of the greatest tools in fostering a love of reading in young children.
In-person use of the library is not possible at this time, so we have gone online with the digital platform, ReadSquared. The platform offers lots of reading incentives, games, badges, and more.
Have your library card ready and get ready to sign up here.
Families can register with one card to simplify things. If you don’t have a Boonton library card, please contact us and we will assign a temporary card so you can get started
Registration opens June 20th, and the program will run until August 23rd. If you need help enrolling, please contact the library directly by phone, or send an email and a library staff member will assist you.
We have compiled a page with reading resources and links to curated reading lists and more, including a link to the John Hill and School Street Schools’ summer reading portals. Click here to access the page.
Online Summer Reading Details
- Reading Logs – these will be virtual, but still function in the same way traditional paper copies work
- Activities- there will be mini games on the platform, and all library events will be offered virtually
- Crafts- will be prepacked into take home kits that will be available for pickup at the library on a weekly basis
- Badges- as you navigate the program, there will be digital badges awarded for reaching reading targets
- Codes- activities, programs, and crafts will have redeemable codes that can be entered for additional completion points
You can request books online and get your “real” welcome packet for pick up on the library’s porch. Call or e-mail us with any questions and suggestions — we here to help.
Get in the mood for summertime with the ever popular Science Tellers up to their usual antics. The above video link will be live through August 31. Stay tuned for more episodes to follow.
Happy summer reading!