Summer reading is a beloved staple of library services for children. It’s one of the greatest tools in fostering a love of reading in children of all ages!
The library’s main level is open for browsing and borrowing during slightly reduced summer hours. The downstairs Makerspace and History Lounge are open for crafting, reading, studying, etc. — please check availability with the circulation desk before using either meeting room.
Virtual programs will be held via Zoom, and most in-person events will be held in the downstairs Makerspace, but some outdoor events may move to the First Presbyterian Church. Check the program location before you go! Masks and social distancing will be required for indoor programs.
Visit our Summer Reading calendar of events here.
Tails & Tales Details
- Registration — you may register online here or in person at the library circulation desk.
- Reading Logs – these will be online and in-print. Paper logs are available at the circulation desk for pickup. Instructions are included.
- Activities — there will be lots of craft and other programs throughout the summer. Please be aware of space and age limitations before you sign up.
- Crafts — will be in-person sessions and also available prepacked into take home kits every week.
- Prizes — as always, we have lots of incentives to keep on reading. Just make sure to keep your reading log updated. The full prize policy may be found here.
We have compiled a page with reading resources and links to curated reading lists and more. Click here to access the page.
You can request books online and get your log packet at the library. Call or e-mail us with any questions and suggestions — we are here to help.
Online Reading Logs
Our online Reading Logs are in the format of Google Forms. There are instructions at the top of each one– please reuse the same form per child from week to week. In order to do that, you must follow these instructions:
- Submit your first entry
- After submission, click on the “Edit Your Response” option that appears
- Save this link!!! OR bookmark it
- When you go to make your next entry, use the link that you received after you clicked on “Edit Your Response”
The PreK reading log can be found here
The Child reading log can be found here
The Teen reading log can be found here