Youth Services Librarian Positioin
The Boonton Holmes Public Library is seeking an energetic, creative, and friendly individual to join us to lead our Youth Services Department, which offers excellent collections, services, and activities for children, teens and their families.
The posted position is full-time with benefits in accordance with NJ Civil Service. The candidate must be willing to work evenings and Saturdays, and must be flexible, reliable, punctual, and be able to work well with others. Salary is commensurate with demonstrated experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create and implement programs for infants and children from Pre-K through 12th grade, including story time and educational activities, as well as special events including the annual summer reading program.
- Maintain an excellent collection of materials for children and teens through thoughtful ordering and weeding in accordance with the library’s collection development policies.
- Utilize social and print media and the library’s website to promote youth programs and activities.
- Support the community with outreach efforts to local schools and other organizations.
- Work with local student volunteers to facilitate programming.
- Attend workshops and/or join a MAIN committee or task force, in order to keep abreast of library trends and emerging technologies.
- An MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA accredited institution is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of children’s programming and activities, preferably in a library setting.
- Knowledge of social media, computers and other related technologies.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications only. Please, no phone calls or visits. Three professional references will be required of considered candidates.
The Boonton Holmes Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Friday, December 15, 2023