Skip to content
The mission of the Boonton Holmes Public Library is to make the library an inviting focal point for the community, encourage a love of reading and life-long learning, preserve Boonton’s local history and offer patrons technology that extends access to ideas and information.
- The Boonton Holmes Public Library offers our patrons a wide variety of items and services. From the New York Times Bestsellers to books by Local Authors, our collection has something for every age. Our friendly staff is always ready to help you find what you are looking for. Even if we don’t own what you need, we can still help you find it! We are a member of the MAIN consortium which connects us to the 37 other public libraries in Morris County and Bernards Township. This gives our patrons access to millions of items beyond what we own.
- As a member of the MAIN consortium we offer 24/7 access to numerous online resources: E-books and e-audiobooks, databases, magazines, and test prep materials.
- The library also offers numerous weekly programs and classes. From Yoga for Absolute Beginners to Story Time for Toddlers we do our best to provide cultural and educational programs for all ages and interests.
- The library subscribes to 5 local newspapers and offers an exciting collection of magazines.
- Our facility is constantly being updated to accommodate the needs of our patrons. In 2018, a lower level meeting room was converted into a modern Makerspace equipped with a variety of tools from sewing machines to Raspberry Pi mini computers.
- The meeting room adjacent to the Makerspace was officially opened as the Local History Lounge in 2019. This cozy room houses our Boonton archives and an (almost) complete set of Boonton High School year books.
- The library offers public computers, which were completely upgraded in 2019, free WIFI, copier and fax service.