The Trustees of the Boonton Holmes Public Library wish to encourage the use of library meeting rooms by the community. Subject to the regulations below, the Board welcomes all organizations of Boonton which serve Boonton residents in order to provide educational, cultural, and social activities to the Town of Boonton.
Lower Level Meeting Rooms
- Priority for use will be given to library sponsored activities
- Meeting rooms are available during regularly scheduled library hours only
- Booking requests are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis
- There is no charge for individual activities
- Groups are charged as listed below
- Equipment in the Makerspace is available for use with permission by the library staff
- Individuals/groups are responsible for the cost of any materials used in the Makerspace
- Any activity by any group and/or individual which incites violent behavior or intimidates other library patrons is strictly prohibited
- Use of the library’s meeting rooms in no way signals the library’s support or sponsorship of any group or individual
- Town of Boonton-based groups, identified as not for profit organizations, municipal committees, service groups, and groups affiliated with the Boonton Board of Education will not be charged for the use of the room.
- Non-Boonton non-profit groups will be charged $25 per hour
- All for-profit organizations and groups will be charged $50 per hour
- A refundable deposit of $25 for janitorial services will be charged from all groups and organizations
- Non-profit groups and organizations will be required to submit proof of their non-profit status
- All groups and organizations are required to sign a liability waiver and produce liability certification listing the Boonton Holmes Public Library as insured
Due to the historic nature of the facility, the meeting rooms are only accessible via inside or outside stairs and are therefore not ADA compliant.